So over the past few days the plasterers had been doing their thing skim coating all existing gib where we had removed the wallpaper (which had left them in a terrible state) and gib stopping all the new gib on the walls and ceiling. It was looking so much more fresh and open and we really began to start seeing what it was going to be like.
But then of course there was another thing that popped up which wasn’t in the plan!
|Our wee apprentice cooling off and having a little break from all of his hard work.|
So when we removed the carpets at the beginning of the build we noticed the floorboards were terrible! they were thinner than the regulations required and they had swelled in places from being wet and the were completely uneven. We had been planning on laying down laminated floorboards which would need a completely even surface for it to work properly. Trying to level the existing floorboards would have been a huge job so we weighed up our options and decided to replace the floorboards completely.
|The floorboards being replaced in the dining room|
|Floorboards being done in the lounge room|
This delayed our schedule by a fair bit but it had to be done. We didn’t want to skimp out now and end up with the end product not being up to scratch!
Once all the new floorboards were in it meant that the construction side of the reno was complete! Now the fun part begins!! Check out the home stretch progress photos here!